Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome to The New Lyceum


"The question has been forgotten," is how Heidegger opens his opus Being in Time. I share his sentiment (though he was arguably talking about ancient Greek metaphysics) in that philosophy was originally concerned with improving life and living well. In my experience, the discipline has become reclusive, relegating itself to university classrooms and wrapping itself in elusive vernacular. While understanding the metaphysical substratum of the universe and delineating epistemic transcendental presuppositions may not seem that important to a good life, I believe they are. So I see my task as bringing to those who don't feel like swimming through massive philosophical tomes the enrichment that they bring.
Living well includes so many aspects of life that I hope to cover an enormous range of topics, facilitated through the lens of philosophy.

Best regards,
Andrew

1 comment: